AKAH seeks for supervisor, construction contracts management
2 weeks ago tajikistannewsgazette.com Comments Off on AKAH seeks for supervisor, construction contracts management
The Branch of the Aga Khan Agency for Habitat in the Republic of Tajikistan, works to ensure that people live in physical settings that are as safe as possible from the effects of natural disasters, that residents who do live in such high risk areas are able to cope with disasters in terms of preparedness and response, and that these settings provide access to social and financial services that lead to greater opportunities and a better quality of life. AKAH merges the activities of the Aga Khan Planning and Building Services (AKPBS), with its prize-winning water and sanitation programmes and low-cost habitat products, such as smoke-free stoves; the humanitarian arm of AKDN, FOCUS, which promotes disaster mitigation and resiliency and intervenes after disasters; the AKDN’s Disaster Risk Management Initiative (DRMI), which focuses on disaster preparedness in remote areas; and the environment- and habitat-related activities of the Aga Khan Foundation, including the Prince Sadruddin Fund for the Environment and the Foundation’s highly regarded rural support programs.
The Branch of the Aga Khan Agency for Habitat in the Republic of Tajikistan is looking for high qualified candidate for the position of Supervisor, Construction Contracts Management.
The major tasks and responsibilities are as following.
The Habitat Improvement Department is responsible for new construction, rehabilitation, structural retrofitting and disaster risk mitigation initiatives. Projects include health facilities, emergency shelters, schools, community centres, housing, and water/sanitation infrastructure in different regions across the country.
The Supervisor, Construction Contracts Management is responsible to manage the procurement process for all design, consultancy and construction projects at international level and procurement methods based on FIDIC books. In addition, this role will be responsible for ensuring that external contracts address all AKAH/AKDN and local Tajikistan requirements and that contractual terms are being met at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the procurement process for all design, consultancy and construction projects undertaken by the Habitat Improvement department, working together with project teams and AKAH Operations and Logistic Unit.
• Identify and pre-qualify, where applicable, appropriate vendors/suppliers/contractors.
• Develop RFP’s, tender documents, and postings. Respond to all enquiries from vendors, lead the tender analysis process and prepare recommendations for Unit Head or Head of Department.
• Review procurement plans from all vendors to ensure they are logical/feasible and meet all project requirements.
• Ensure that procurement process meets all AKAH/AKDN and donor requirements, where applicable, and ensure that AKAH’s best interests are protected at all times.
• Work with Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to develop purchase requests for projects managed by AKAH.
• Review pricing on all sub-contracts where a general contractor has been assigned.
• Manage material supplier contracts that achieve cost, delivery, quality and service targets as required.
• Together with the QA/QC lead, ensure quality and specifications of materials are consistent with contractual obligations and meet AKAH standards during the purchasing phase.
• Maintain procurement files, purchase agreements, contracts and relevant documentation to an auditable standard.
• Develop and maintain a database of data sheet of relevant and appropriate products together with the Design Team and Quantity Surveyor/Estimator.
• Forecast upcoming demands, monitor pricing trends and advise and report any risks to the management team as appropriate.
• Recommend the most appropriate form of contracts for each project/vendor to ensure that the best interests of AKAH are protected and that all contracts are in compliance with requirements from AKAH/AKDN/government/donors or other relevant parties.
• Ensure all requirements (drawings, specs, BOQ’s, data sheets, etc.) are part of the tender and contracts.
• Review vendor invoices and ensure they are in keeping with contractual obligations, standards procedures of AKAH Finance department, and where relevant, Client requirements.
• Oversee the published closing and reporting schedules for projects.
• Assist relevant departments in settling disputes and other matters related to contracts or invoices.
• Evaluate and estimate cost of delays whether by client or contractor.
• Develop compliance checklist for each contract to be used for internal team and vendors.
• Ensure that the documentation received for orders/enquiries is sufficiently informative/ detailed to allow the efficient processing of the work.
• Process orders in accordance with the established procedures for materials, bought out items, labour and site equipment.
• Where applicable, source and procure all bought out/non-stock items relevant to the contract in a cost-effective manner.
• Programme work load to ensure that all resources arrive on site as scheduled, and thereby allow the installation to be completed as cost effectively as possible.
• Effectively communicate ideas and recommendations, including briefs on procurement strategies, contract-related concerns, and other sensitive issues.
• Any other relevant projects and duties as required by the management relevant to the goals of the organisation.
SPECIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
• A Bachelor degree in civil engineering, construction management, or relevant discipline from a recognized national/international university.
• 5+ years of increasingly responsible procurement, contract management and administration experience. Preference will be given to more experienced candidates.
• National and international procurement standards, process and contracts including knowledge of FIDIC, and custom contracts.
• Experience in quantity surveying/estimation would be an asset.
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and research skills
• Strong conflict resolution, negotiation and facilitation skills
• Proven leadership, organizational, supervisory skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Fluency in written and verbal English language and local language(s)
Demonstrates high integrity, able to deal well with ambiguity, works well under pressure, motivated, well networked, physically fit and ability to face challenges. Excellent time management skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment and willing to travel extensively. Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise. Seeks and proposes opportunities for advancing Habitat’s mission.
Applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a Cover Letter along with their Curriculum Vitae by email to [email protected] by February 28, 2021.
“AKAH Tajikistan is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.