Global Weather Hazards Summary: June 21 27, 2019
2 years ago tngadmin Comments Off on Global Weather Hazards Summary: June 21 27, 2019
Heavy rainfall triggers flooding in North Darfur of Sudan, while dryness persists in parts of West Africa
1. A delayed onset to the MarchMay rainfall season coupled with high temperatures has caused dryness in parts of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, and Uganda.
2. Belowaverage rainfall over the past since April have led to earlyseason deficits and abnormal dryness in central Nigeria.
3. Heavy rainfall during the past weeks has caused flooding in eastern Uganda and triggered flooding in northwestern Kenya.
Heavy rainfall forecast next week is likely to maintain high flooding risk.
4. A delayed start to monsoon rains has been marked by several consecutive weeks of belowaverage rainfall and 2550% of average rainfall to date across Sierra Leone and Liberia.
5. Heavy rainfall last week caused flash flooding in North Darfur, Sudan.
Heavy rainfall forecast next week is likely to worsen ground conditions
Source: Famine Early Warning System Network