Interior ministry attributes the Dushanbe Mall fire to electrical malfunction

12 months ago Web Desk 0

The fire reportedly broke out yesterday afternoon and 14 fire crews were sent to the fire site. They dealt with the fire in minutes.

 

“As a result of a wiring short circuit in the ceiling of toilet on the third floor of the shopping mall, a fire broke out on July 7 at 2:20 pm. When fire crews arrived in the site of emergency, one square meter of the toilet ceiling was enveloped in the fire, a statement by the Interior Ministry says.

 

The statement notes that firemen quickly evacuated 250 employees and visitors of the mall, and therefore, no persons get hurt.

 

Initially, a source at the Interior Ministry said an area of 12 square meters on the third floor, where an art gallery is located, was enveloped in the fire.

 

Dushanbe Mall, Tajikistan’s largest shopping mall, is home to the country’s first ever hypermarket, which is part of the French Auchan chain.

 

In November 2018, representatives of the mal said that it takes all necessary fire safety measures. Recall, a fire drill for all staff of Dushanbe Mall took place in the morning of March 29, 2018. The shopping mall management said at the time that their all fire safety systems function properly and all fire safety requirements are being strictly observed.

 

Each of the mall stories as well as parking lots are reportedly provided with several fire hose cabinets. The first floor has five fire exits, the second floor has six fire exits, the third floor (food court) has six fire exits and the fourth floor has five fire exits.

 

To inspect the state of the fire safety system a fire drill was conducted at Dushanbe Mall on March 29, 2018 jointly with a special commission comprising representatives of the Dushanbe Chief Prosecutor’s Office and the State Fire Service of Tajikistan.

 

Source: Asia Plus