Jarteppa crossing point on the Uzbekistan-Tajikistan border to be temporarily closed
1 month ago Web Desk Comments Off on Jarteppa crossing point on the Uzbekistan-Tajikistan border to be temporarily closed
Citing the Customs Department of Samarkand region, Uzbek media reports say a temporary restriction will be imposed on movement and vehicles and citizens via the Jarteppa Border Crossing Point (BCP) on the Uzbekistan-Tajikistan border, which is expected to be overhauled soon.
Kun.uz reports that the border crossing point will be temporarily closed for proceeding from November 5 to November 12.
The temporary restriction was reportedly imposed on the movement of border crossers and vehicles through the customs post, unless they are:
– Employees of diplomatic and international organizations;
– Members of official (government) delegations;
– Employees of foreign organizations operating within the framework of investment projects in the republic;
– International cargo transportation drivers;
– Foreigners and stateless persons permanently living in Uzbekistan;
– Citizens of Uzbekistan permanently residing in Tajikistan;
– Uzbekistan and Tajikistan residents returning to their country;
– Citizens of a third country going to Tajikistan.
Earlier, the “Jarteppa” BPC was already temporarily closed due to the overhaul of buildings and landscaping work.
Currently, there are eighteen BCPs operating along the Tajikistan-Uzbekistan border; nine of them have an international status. Fourteen BCPs are located in the northern Sughd province and the remaining four BCPs are located in the southern Khatlon province and in the Tursunzoda district (central Tajikistan).