Joint Statement of the Tajik and Kyrgyz State Commission on Border Delimitation and Demarcation
1 week ago tngadmin Comments Off on Joint Statement of the Tajik and Kyrgyz State Commission on Border Delimitation and Demarcation
A working meeting of the Tajik and Kyrgyz State Commission on border delimitation and demarcation was held today at the section of the state border (border point No. 12/9, section Karamyk). The parties declare that the difficult situation in the border specified section was resolved peacefully.
The parties signed a protocol on the following:
• Retract border posts 3 kilometers inland on each side.
• To withdraw troops, military equipment to their places of permanent deployment, to leave only regular border patrols.
• A decision was made on the use of pastures in this area.
• Any actions on the state border must be preliminary agreed with the Co-Chairs of the Parties.
• The border patrols of the Parties follow the line of conduct.
• In the media, transmit only information agreed by both Parties, in accordance with the decisions made in the previously signed protocols.
• The heads of the topographic working groups were instructed to complete the description of the section of the Tajik and Kyrgyz border from PT No. 12/2 through PT No. 12/9 as soon as possible.
• The parties carry out explanatory work with the population of border villages.
• The parties agreed to strictly adhere to the clauses of this protocol.
Source: National information agency of Tajikistan