Korvon market’s administration denies reports that its 50 merchants contracted COVID-19 as baseless
12 months ago Web Desk 0
“These rumors are absolutely baseless. I do not know who and what for is disseminating these false rumors” Korvon director, Ms. Hakima Mavlonova, told Asia-Plus in an interview.
According to her, they take all necessary measures to prevent the spreading of novel coronavirus. Merchants running shops at the bazaar reportedly wear masks and when entering the bazaar they have their temperature taken.
Rumors that 50 merchants running shops at the Korvon bazaar contracted COVID-19 infection have appeared on social networks in recent days.
The Dushanbe Directorate for Economic Development and Trade says the COVID-19 situation in the city is under control and all necessary measures are taken.
Recall, all the public facilities in Tajikistan, including clothing markets, shopping malls, beauty salons, sanatoriums, restaurants and others, which had been temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 situation reopened in in other regions of the country on June 15, in line with the decision of the Inter-Agency Standing Committee on COVID-19 Response.
The Korvon bazaar had not been in operation for one and a half months.
Source: Asia Plus