Specialists of the Center for Strategic Research Name Thirty Important Achievements of Tajikistan During Independence
2 weeks ago tngadmin Comments Off on Specialists of the Center for Strategic Research Name Thirty Important Achievements of Tajikistan During Independence
The Founder of Peace and National Unity — Leader of the Nation, President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon assessed state independence as the most valuable achievement of the civilized ancient Tajik people in modern times.
Indeed, the achievement of this highest benefit, which is very valuable and revered for every people and nation, is an invaluable source that determines the development trend of all other aspects of the life of States and nations.
In particular, due to this achievement, e.g. gaining independence, the Tajik nation under the wise leadership of the Leader of the Nation during these 30 years has achieved significant successes that have no analogues in the history of our people.
There are quite a lot of these achievements, but the experts of the Center for Strategic Research under the President of Tajikistan, highlights 30 achievements according to available data that can be mentioned for the celebration of Independence Day
Based on this, the Director of the Center for Strategic Research, Dr. Philosophy, Professor Khurshed Ziyoi told Khovar correspondent that first of all, it is necessary to point out the following achievements in the 30-year period of state independence:
First, the appearance of Tajikistan on the political map of the world as an independent State and and its aligibility to be a rightful member of the United Nations and the first speech of the Head of the Tajik State from the tribune of this organization.
Secondly, the election of the President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon as the Head of State, thanks to whom the civil war imposed from the outside was resolved, the constitutional system and all branches of government were restored, peace, unity and mutual understanding were ensured in the country, and the achievement of peace by the Tajiks of the world turned into a unique example for the entire world community.
Thirdly, the beginning of the formation of the national state in the modern period and the formation of the school of national state-building of the Leader of the Nation to create a sovereign, democratic, legal, secular, unitary and social state, which together are aimed at building fair society.
Fourth, the definition of national strategic goals — breaking the communication lockdown, ensuring energy and food security, accelerated industrialization of the country and achieving the key elements of these goals.
Fifth, the revival of Tajik national traditions and culture, the real recognition of the Tajik language as the state language, representation of the literary, historical and cultural heritage of the Tajik people at the international level, the constant celebration of famous personalities of the Tajik nation and the ancient history of the Tajik people at the national, regional and international levels.
Sixth, inclusion in the list of UNESCO World Heritage, Sarazm (2010), National Park of Tajikistan (2013), in the List of intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity — «Shashmakom» (2008), Navruz (2010), » Oshi-palav «(2016) and» Chakan » (2018), honoring a number of Tajik cultural figures and historical events of the nation based on UNESCO decision.
Seventh, dissemination of books BobojonGafurov’s «Tajiks » and» Koran» among every family in the country translated into Tajik, rendering homage to Imam Azam and recognizing Hanafia as the traditional mathhab (Sunni schools of religious law) of the nation, which has become an obstacle to the worship other unpopular religious movements.
Eighth, construction of tunnels, bridges, major highways and railways throughout the country, transformation of Tajikistan in terms of road quality into one of the leading countries in the world and among the former Soviet republics.
The experts of the Center for Strategic Research under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan also mentioned following achievements of our country during the years of State independence:
1. Construction of small and large hydro power plants in the country, including the Rogun HPP and dozens of other hydroelectric power plants.
2. Increase Gross Domestic Product of the Republic of Tajikistan over the years of independence by 50 times.
3. Increase incomes almost by 97 times and 96 times expenditures of the state budget of the Republic of Tajikistan during the years of independence.
4. Increase in the foreign trade turnover of the Republic of Tajikistan in foreign currency in comparison with 1991 about 35 times.
5. Increase number of industrial enterprises from 358 units in 1991 to 2,500 units at the present time.
6. Development of private sector in the country, which generates today more than 70% of GDP and about 80% of tax payments to the state budget, provides employment about 70% of the economically active population.
7. Restructuring of 728 existing agricultural enterprises and 31 private farms and on their basis the establishment of about 6,000 farms and about 162,000 private subsidiary farms, which is producing more than 90 percent of agricultural products.
8. Increase the area of orchards and vineyards of the country to more than 200 thousand hectares, which is 2.5 times more than in 1991.
9. Allocation of 75 thousand hectares of land for personal subsidiary farms in accordance with two decrees of the President of the Republic of Tajikistan.
10. The construction of more than 25 thousand small and large objects of socio-economic, domestic and cultural purposes at the expense of the State and generous, patriotic citizens of the country during the three years of preparation for the celebration of the 30th anniversary of State independence.
11. Support of science, education and culture as a capital resource of state development, construction of more than 3 thousand educational facilities designed for more than 645 thousand places, increase in the number of higher professional educational institutions from 13 units with the number of 70 thousand students in 1991 to 40 units with the number of students up to 230 thousand.
12. Increasing the status of women and young people in society, their involvement in public administration, increasing their number in all branches of government, social and economic spheres, in state-owned enterprises and private entrepreneurship.
13. Increase in the number of state medical institutions to 500 units, which is 126 more than in 1991, and the number of medical centers to 1,750 units, which is 240 units more than in the initial period of independence.
14. Reduction of maternal mortality by 1.8 times and infant mortality by 2.7 times.
15. Increase in the number of sports facilities in the country to more than 10,000 units, which is 9 times more than in 1991.
In other sphere of political-economic and socio-cultural life of Tajikistan, among the achievements of the 30-year period of State independence, experts of the Center for Strategic Reserche under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan higlight the following facts (out of 7 points):
— ensuring food security and reducing poverty by about three times;
— creation of the National Army of Tajikistan from the very outset and taking full control of the protection of the peace and stability of the state and all its borders;
— the emergence and development of national legislation, including the adoption of national laws that have no analogues in the world in legal practice;
— making the Republic of Tajikistan one of the safest countries in the world and including it in the top three in the international ranking of the safest countries in the world;
— implementation of the principle of «open doors» in Tajikistan’s foreign policy, international recognition of the Republic of Tajikistan by about 200 countries and a large number of international organizations, establishment of diplomatic relations with 179 countries, opening of about 50 diplomatic missions of the Republic of Tajikistan abroad and with regional and international organizations, opening of more than 30 diplomatic missions of foreign countries and regional and international organizations in Tajikistan.
— chairmanship of the Republic of Tajikistan in regional and international organizations, transformation of the country’s capital into a platform for holding regional and international events, and global recognition of the «Dushanbe Process» as the national brand of the Republic of Tajikistan at international events;
— implementation of international initiatives of the Republic of Tajikistan on issues of security, water, ecology, protection of glaciers, climate change and the formation of water diplomacy as a unique element in the implementation of the foreign policy of the Republic of Tajikistan, etc.
The Director of the Center for Strategic Studies also told that there are many achievements of Tajikistan over the 30 years of State independence relating all spheres of the political, economic and socio-cultural life of Tajikistan. However, the enumeration of even a limited number of these achievements indicates that in a fairly short period of its independence, our country, under the leadership of the Leader of the Nation, paved the path that our ancestors from the Samanid dynasty paved during the existence of the famous Samanid state, and preserved the language, culture and national spirit of our people for millennia. Therefore, we are firmly convinced that the achievements of Tajikistan during the 30 years of State independence will also be written in golden letters in the pages of the great book of the history of the Tajik people, as well as the history of the Samanid period, and they will serve to perpetuate the national culture, civilization, language and other national values.
Source: National information agency of Tajikistan