Tajikistan introduces one-stop shop on export-import and transit procedures
11 months ago Web Desk 0
A government decree on introducing a one –stop shop on export-import and transit procedures, in particular, provides for creating unified automatic information-communicational channel.
The main idea of introducing of One-stop shop is that the entities of foreign economic activity (FEA) having registered in the system will be able to get an access to its informational system. The electronic documents received by the system will be checked and passed on to various agencies for further review and adoption of respective decisions. Under this approach, the system by itself will electronically inform the entities of FEA on the outcomes of the taken decisions.
In case if physical inspection of commodities for the purpose of taking samples and testing was carried out, entrepreneurs will be automatically informed by the system and provided with the date, time and place of conducted specified operations. This assumes that introduction of this mechanism will lead to simplification and optimization of passing through administrative procedures in public agencies.
The document also provides for establishing a public unitary enterprise (PUE) as One-stop shop Center (Center).
The main objective of establishing the Center is in centralizing all government structures regulating export-import and transit procedures.
The following is the list of government bodies issuing permits and certificates to the entities of foreign economic activity:
- The Committee for Food Security under the Government of Tajikistan;
- The National Diagnostics Center 1 at the Committee for Food Security under the Government of Tajikistan;
- The Committee for Environmental Protection under the Government of Tajikistan;
- The Agency for Standardization, Metrology, Certification and Trade Inspection under the Government of Tajikistan;
- The Communications Service under the Government of Tajikistan;
- The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- The Service of State Supervision over Health Care and Social Protection of the Population at the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Population (MoHSPP);
- The MoHSPP Service of State Sanitary and Epidemiological Supervision;
- The State Service for Supervision and Regulation in the field of transportation at the Ministry of Transport;
- The Nuclear and Radiation Safety Agency at the National Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan;
- The State Assay Supervision at the Ministry of Finance of Tajikistan.
Source: Asia Plus